Friday, July 29, 2011

REVIEW: Mac Blogger's Obsessions

No one <3's Mac more than a beauty blogger! (But apparently fans of beauty bloggers love them both more!!)
Look what came in the mail on June 29th! My Mac order!! It took roughly 5 business days to arrive, and I ordered over the telephone (which I have never done before). All in all, ordering over the phone is pretty hassle-free, but I did feel like the person I dealt with over the phone wasn't very knowledgeable about Mac products. I find that quite surprising. 
Anyway, I ordered Caqui lipglass, Sonoran Rain lipglass and Hocus Pocus Eyeshadow (Brun eyeshadow and Posey cremeblend blush are also pictured above, but those will be featured in separate posts). I also wanted to get Jealousy Wakes eyeshadow, but it literally sold out instantly. I woke up extra early to order online on the launch date, but it still wasn't up. The soft launch was available, but somwhere between me adding the items in the cart and checking out, they removed it right away. WTF, right?!
Good thing Jealousy Wakes is back online, and I did order it, so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, here are the three:



Hocus Pocus eyeshadow on the right

 Left: Caqui lipglass
Right: Sonoran Rain lipglass
Basically, I really like the products that I ordered. They are everything I except from a MAc eyeshadow and a Mac lipglass. It all comes down to personal preference. My only complaint was for Sonoran Rain lipglass. It looked great swatched and on the lips, HOWEVER, as the hours went by and the colour began to fade, I did notice that sparkles in the lipglass did migrate to the skin outside my lip. That was kind of annoying and ugly-looking. Who wants a sparkly chin & upperlip?! For that reason, I don't wear it alot.
I love Caqui! No sparkles whatsoever. It's more of an reddish orange, so it's still wearable. Orange is THE lip colour for summer.

I think that if you're usually not the kinda to opt for a bold lip colour. Bold lipgloss are defnitely a good way to go. I still get that intense pop of colour on the lip, but more toned down.

No comments:

Post a Comment