Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mac Superslick Liquid Eyeliner vs. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner

Left: MUFE Aqua Liner #13 (black)
Right: Mac Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Smoky Heir

You have no idea how hard it is to find a liquid liner that will stay on my oily lids!! These are my top 2 choices for liquid liner. MUFE has a HUGE range of colors (15 shades to be exact), and Mac Superslick is limited to only 9 shades. This post is simply a comparison.


Both products are water-proof, sweat-proof, smudge-proof, and long-wearing as they claim to be. As you can see, the packaging is identical, and both serve the same function. The notable difference is the brush. The Mac liner has a longer applicator/top. It is foamy/spongey (whatever you want to call it). It is more flexible than the MUFE. The MUFE applicator tip is some kind of plastic or rubber and so it is more stiff. Personally, I prefer the applicator on the Mac more than the MUFE, since I felt more in control when lining my eyes and also the flexibility felt more comfortable for the delicate eye area (but I know some people on MakeupAlley.com would disagree).


In terms of pricing, the Mac is cheaper than the MUFE. Surprise. Surprise. I would definitely repurchased both. If you are motivated by Mac's "Back to MAC" recycling program, then you may want to get the Superslick liner instead.
Please note: the stopper on my Superslick not longer stays on the bottle after a couple uses. I don't know if I got a bad one, but it took me several tries of screwing and unscrewing to get the stopper to do its job. I have not had such a problem with MUFE yet.
UPDATE: The lid on the Mac has also cracked since such that I cannot use the product anymore as it has dried up with the crack getting bigger and bigger

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    You are not alone. I like the MAC liner, but the stopper also comes out both shades I have. I thought I had just bought a dud pair. It is very annoying. Might try the MUFE one now...

    ReplyDelete