Thursday, September 20, 2012

REVIEW: Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Masacara

Excuse me while I wipe away the cob webs and sweep the dust off my blog, because it has been for awhile!! I have the same excuse that everyone always uses.. "I've been busy."

So to kick things off again for the fall season. I have another mascara review!!

I purchased the Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Mascara from Hong Kong at one of the many drug/beauty stores (SaSa, I think?).

This brand is quite popular in Asia for giving you those "doll eyes."

In my opinion, what is unique about this mascara, aside form the formula, is the wand. While I've neglected to photograph it for you, it is, in a sense, three different wands in one.

Let me explain further... Half of the wand is a brush and the other is more of those comb types. And the tip is small and pointed (think Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara).

Looks weird right? But it somehow works AMAZING!! If I'm feeling dramatic, I'll put the comb part first (which sucks for separation if that's what you intend on using it for) to deposit the product on the base of my lashes, and then I use the brush to separate. It works amazingly and gives 'OMG' worthy results. For my stubborn straight lashes, they hold curl so well too. Did it mention it doesn't smudge?? This scream Holy Grail status to me!!

What's the downside? It's a pain in the --- to take off. The most effective remover I've encountered so far is Almay's Moisturizing Makeup Remover. This stuff takes it off with very little rubbing.

To save yourself some grief, Heroine Make does sell their own 'mascara remover' sort-of-thing.

All in all, I love the effect this mascara gives. Finally, a mascara lives up its name!!

Left: Bare lashes
Right: One coat of Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Mascara


No comments:

Post a Comment