Saturday, May 26, 2012

REVIEW: L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara

I've been obsessed with mascara lately!! Hence mascara review #2... the cult favourite, L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara.


After my Fairy Drops masacara (review here) had dried out, I was on the market again for a new masacara. To be honest, this masacara was purchased for its price - only $6.99!! As a bonus, a lot of beauty bloggers also LOVE this masacara, so I figured, why not?

This one in particular is the curved brush, which I quite like, actually.
I do have to scrap off the excess product from certain parts of the brush where the stopper could not reach.

Claims: "Voluminous® Custom Curved Brush Volume Building Mascara is uniquely formulated to resist clumping, soften lashes, and build lashes to four times their natural thickness. Patented Volume Maximizing Curved Brush™ thickens lashes evenly and smoothly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges, or clumps."

Does the product live up to these claims? Yes and also a NO!
Why not? It clumps, and bottom lashes smudges half way through the work day (not long-wearing enough for me). Flaking was minimal, and I did notice major clumping after 3 coats. 2 coats I can still deal with. Again, I belive the clumping is due to the shape of the brush and the stopper not being able to clean off certain areas of the wand.
Why yes? It looks pretty f-ing amazing on the top lashes!! It holds the curl and lengthens like no tomorrow. It has outperformed most mascaras in this aspect. Truly the result is amazing. I didn't experience any smuding on the top lashes, only the bottom.

Why I repurchase? No. The racoon look is really no good on me. I will continue to use on my upper lashes though until it has dried out. I love the way it look on the top lashes. It is so lengthing and holds curls well. I haven't tried the other mascaras under the Voluminous line, but in general, they seem to be well-received as well.

 Bare lashes
 One coat

 Two coats


No comments:

Post a Comment