Tuesday, April 17, 2012

REVIEW: Fairy Drops Mascara

I am going to venture into (in my opinion, at least) the most subjective area of makeup - MASCARA! Having said that, I do notice slight differences between brands and formulas, but for the most part, I am not one to really play into the hype until I've tried it and am fully convinced. It just turns out that this masacara was given to me as a souvenir from Taiwan back in December. I have no idea how much this mascara is or where you can get this, but the person who gave this to me mentioned that it is quite popular in Asia and does not come cheap. Should I mention someone famous also wears this?
I have no idea who though. I think on the package (which I threw away) said some kind of journalist wears this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Onto the product...
My understanding of this product is quite basic. From what I gather initially from the package and from the person who gave me this, this is suppose to lengthen and volumize your lashes without the clumping (pretty standard claims). Upon further investigation, it is also suppose to be "waterproof" to "ensure long-lasting wear and will not smear or slide off even on oily eyelids or during rigorous physical activity. By Fairy Drops." (From YesStyle.com)



First off, by the end of the day, it smudges on my bottom lashes, but not the top (I have oily eyelids).
Secondly, the shape of the brush, which we'll call the 'peak' and 'trough' for your purposes, does not exactly more as how the package describes it. I'm assuming its unique shape will allow even coating of the lashes. I did not find this so. Mascara simply get stuck in the troughs and will starting clumping after 2 coats. The brush is easy to use though despite its interesting shape. I thought it was great for the bottom lashes. It's the perfect size for both.
Third, I've only begun using this in late January and already it's drying out. For my asian lashes, I do like dry formulas, but this is beyond that now. When I first opened the tube, the formula was wet; therefore, once applied onto curled lashes, my lashes would fall/drop (basically become uncurled). I don't know if this is just my tube, but I think it dries out too fast, compared to the ones I've previously tried (i.e. Mac Opulash, Covergirl Lash Blast, Benefit Bad Gall lash, Mabelline Define-A-Lash, etc.)
There is almost no flaking, sometimes I get the random one here and there, and it is relatively easy to remove. I do have to soak my lashes a bit more in the remover for it to wipe off easily, but that isn't an issue for me.

Now I'm not saying I do not like this mascara. Honestly, I think it's fine. I like it, but not enough to repurchase or go on a hunt for it. It doesn't particularly stand out for me.

Below are photos of my bare lashes (left) and after I've applied one coat (right).


No comments:

Post a Comment