Sunday, March 25, 2012

REVIEW: MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation

Mac Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation is the newest addition to Mac's already large range of foundation. This foundation claims to last for up to 15 hours in any type of weather!!
This foundation provides sheer to medium coverage and is suppose to give a 'natural' finish (the middle ground of matte and satin finish).
This foundation was purchased with my own funds back in January 2012 after I finished my bottle of Nars Sheer Matte.
Having tried Studio Fix Fluid in the past, I can definitely say that Pro Longwear is definitely more lightweight. The consistency is thinner, but it dries a lot quickier. If you do not work fast or work in sections, you'll find it hard to blend. My preferred method for working with this foundation is with my fingers. I've tried a traditional foundation brush, stippling brush and a sponge, and I have found it works best with the fingers, personally.
My skin is, for the most part, on the drier side. Personally, I would not repurchase this foundation again, since I feel it would more appreciate by those with an oilier skin type. I've never really had issues with the longevity of my foundation. I am still searching for that perfect foundation for my skin type.
Pro Longwear accentuates dry patches/area on your face, so you really have to take care in moisturizing before hand. In that regard, the finish more me was more matte than "natural. I do not usually set this foundation with powder (as my skin is generally dry), unless I'm feeling fancy, then I will, but it really doesn't make a difference in the longevity of the product, for me at least. I am hoping with the summer coming, this foundation will work better as a summer foundation, since my skin will be less dry.

All in all...

The packaging is quite nice. A glass bottle with a pump that is super easy to control. On a normal day, I only use about 0.5 - 1 full pump depending. For those with normal to oily skin types, definitely try this out!

Unforunately, I am still on the hunt for my holy grail..

No comments:

Post a Comment