Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Comparison: Origins Quick, Hide! Long-wearing Concealer VS. Easy Blend Concealer

Happy Valentine's Day!! Hope all of you, whether single or not, have an amazing Tuesday filled with love and happiness!

The concealer pictured above depicts an old version and the new, revamped version of the same concealer. Origins Quick, Hide! Easy Blend Concealer is the old, and the Quick, Hide! Long-wearing Concealer is the new.

Before I begin,
I must disclose that both of these were purchased with my own funds, as always. I use this mainly to cover dark under eye circles. I also use this sometimes to cover blemishes and imperfections.

Here are my thoughts on the old formula:
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer!!
  • It is easy to blend, as advertised.
  • Light but the coverage is great! (good alone or layered with another product)
  • Will look a little dry and cakey after 10 hours (but it is not advertised as long-wearing)
Thoughts on the new formula:
  • Honestly, I feel the formula is pretty much the same. I notice no discernable difference in performance. It seems to blend easier?
  • It is more sheer, but I use this mostly as a layering product (which I also did for the old formula). I've used this by itself as I had with the its predecessor, and I do find it more long-lasting, but the coverage isn't enough for me as a stand alone product whereas with its predecessor, I could.
Honestly, I really like them both. The new version gives you more product. I cannot quite remember the prices, but it was about $20-something CAD, so the price is relatively the same.



The packaging still kinda sucks. It'll be difficult to get every last bit of product out of the tube.

The colours and numbering have also changed. As you can see, the new is on the right and the old is on the left. Both are "light" but visually, the the new is a lighter shade, which still works fine with my NC25 skin.


That aside... This is how I apply it. I dab a bit on my fingers and then dab it on the under eye area. Wait about 15-20 seconds before blending. I find you get more coverage that way.

So there you have it. I feel like I am missing some information. If that's the case, please raise those questions, or if I remember, I will update accordingly.

Enjoy this beautiful, amazing day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment