Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Easy Breakfast Recipe: Eggs au gratin on whole wheat bread

Happy 2012!!!
To start off a busy new year, I believe a quick and easy breakfast idea is at order! This is the time of the year where everyone occupies themselves with "new year's resolutions." If you're like me, my ongoing resolution is to treat my body better. I try to always eat breakfast every morning within one hour of waking up. Since that is not always possible, I try to prepare parts of my breakfast ahead of time.


Here is a tasty and relatively healthy recipe that will keep you full until lunch time!

Eggs au gratin on Whole Wheat bun
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked ham, in small dice
1/3 cup (80 mL or less) light mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15 mL) green onion, minced
Salt, pepper and mustard to taste
4 bagels or English muffins or slice of bread
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated cheese (whichever you prefer)

Instructions

Mix eggs, ham, mayonnaise and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice bagels or muffins in two and toast them. Spread egg salad on bagel halves and top with Canadian Monterey Jack cheese. Place in oven preheated to 400 °F (200 °C) until cheese bubbles

credit: here

Please note: The recipe above is adapted to my personal taste. I always use less than the said amount of mayo and cheese to reduce fat intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment