Monday, December 19, 2011

HOW TO: Remove Glitter Nail Polish with ease!

With the holiday season just a couple days away, I figure this would be the perfect timing to tackle one of our love/hate relationship. Glitter nail polish. It looks amazing on the nails, but it's a bitch to get off.

Here is an incredibly easy way to remove glitter nail polish.



1. Soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover and wrap it around the nail you want to remove polish from.
2. grab a small piece of tin foil and wrap it around the cotton pad sealing off air supply.
3. Wait a couple minutes (depending on how many coats you have on), and wipe off!

That is literally it! Who would have thought taking glitter nail polish off could be so hassle-free!?

Yes, that is my foot shown above. Yes, it looks dry. Yes, feet are gross. Whatever. I'm a real person, and I was actually removing glitter nail polish from my toes that day, so I actually practice what I preach.

Anyway...

The idea behind this is that by cutting off the air circulation, the alcohol will NOT evaporate making it SIGNIFICANTLY easier for the nail polish remover to break down the polish.

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend going crazy on the glitter polish, or any nail polish for that matter, because nail polish will only contribute to poor nail health in the long run, and we all know ugly, yellow nails aren't a good look for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment