Tuesday, November 15, 2011

REVIEW: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Concealer is my best friend! If you asked me what one superficial beauty product I'd take with me to a deserted island, I would say concealer without a doubt! But being canadian means I also have to deal with our cold and dry winters. I found that the previous eye cream (Kiehl's Abyssine Eye Cream) I was using just didn't cut it anymore. My concealer looked HORRIBLE. Every dry surface under my eyes were being emphasized by a sucky eye cream (but then again, it was most for anti-aging).

(INSERT Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream)

To be honest, I was only interested in this product by lollipop26's recommendations.

First off, the product is very emollient and generally does a good job of keeping them under eyes moisturized. It is thick, but almost water-soluble when wet. It doesn't feel oily in the traditional sense. However, it does take a couple minutes for the product to completely absorb into the skin, so if you are using it in the morning, please keep that in mind before applying makeup. Overall, I think it's just okay. It probably works better to have two separate eye creams. This is good as a night time moisturizing treatment, and maybe another one for the day time.
But really? Who has the disposable income for something so impractical?
At $25 for 14mL of product with no sun protection, anti-aging properties, reduction in dark circles OR puffiness, I'm not so sure I would repurchase this item. As I mentioned above, I would maybe use this as a night eye cream and choose another  for the daytime, but alas I do not have that kind of money to spend, and if I did, I would find a hard time justifying it.

FYI, this product was purchased with my own funds (as is everything else).


I, myself, have had no adverse effects (i.e. allergic reaction, stinging, millia, etc.) since I started using this, as some of the other bloggers are reporting.

Finally, the packaging is probably not the best. There are a lot of germaphobes out there who will probably complain about how "unhygienic" this is. Personally, I don't give a sh!t, because I'm the only one using it. I always use clean hands when working with my eye area anyway, so I could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment