Friday, May 6, 2011

OBSESSED with Hakuhodo Makeup Brushes (Fude)

A while ago, I made a post on Hakuhodo brushes raving about how soft and well-made they are.
Please click the following link for that review:

Well, today I have another haul from them! I purchases these pretty much on a whim to feed my desire. I don't need them, but I just wanted them, so here they are:


S142 ($27 USD) - Blue Squirrel
 If I had the Mac 226, I would compare it to this, but alas, the Mac brush was limited edition, and therefore, I cannot get my hands on one without paying ridiculous prices on ebay for it. This brush is what I imagine the Mac 226 would be like, but this is probably softer. It reminds of somehwat of the Mac 222 (which I do have), but the top is more pointy/tapered.

S127 ($36 USD) - Canada Squirrel
I included a photo comparison of the G532 for you guys. The S 127 is definitely more dense and picks up powder products better than the G532. It is good to deposit shadow all over the lid.

S143 ($27 USD) - Weasel
This brush is TINY! As you can see in the middle photo, that is the brush next to my pinky (for reference, I have small hands). I use this mostly for placing highlight on the inner corners of the eyes or the deposit color on the lower lash line.
S162 ($26 USD) - Weasel

This is an eyebrow brush, but I use it the lay down powder eyeshadows on the upper lashline, and it works just fine. I haven't tried it with gel liners or cream liners yet, but I don't think it would create a clean line, so you will probably have to get an actually eyeliner brush.

OVERALL: If you are interested in Hakuhodo Makeup brushes, definitely take the time to read the descriptions and have a ruler or measuring tape handy, so that you are not surprised by the size of the brush when it arrives! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment