Saturday, April 2, 2011

REVIEW: Lush Celestial Moisturizer and Lush Full of Grace Serum Bar

Lush Celestial Facial Moisturizer and Full of Grace Serum Bar

I purchased these items about 3 weeks ago, since I still had not found a moisturizer for my reactive skin. I was using mediocre products, but I wanted something more. I was getting so desperate just to have my skin return to normal that I was literally THIS CLOSE to going back to Philosophy's Hope In A Jar for sensitive skin, but I trudged on. Never having tried the Lush skincare line before, I figured maybe what my skin needs is something that contained natural ingredients. The two items pictured above are my purchases. Both are for dry, sensitive skin.
Here are the claims made on the Canadian Lush website:





Celestial Facial Moisturizer: "Light and Cream. Although it's true that some perfumes can irritate sensitive skin, like stronger spice oils, others are really good for preventing redness and reactions. Natural vanilla absolute is one of them. We use it in Celestial for its soothing effect and intoxicating scent. Almond milk is wonderful for calming irritated skin. This moisturizer helps to create a light barrier and keeps skin in good condition. Vanilla water helps the skin to retain its moisture naturally."


Full of Grace: "Calm sensitive skin with our concoction of soothing tropical butters and mushrooms. Our Full of Grace serum bar is made with a concentrated blend of moisturizing murumuru and cupuacu butters to hydrate skin, and rose oil to relieve irritations. We've also used portobello mushrooms for their plentiful vitamins and antioxidant property. The serum is easily absorbed by the skin, creating a soothing treatment for the face. Massage into the skin before you use a Fresh Face Mask, or whenever you feel your skin needs a little grace." 


I am REALLY REALLY enjoying these two products. I am kicking myself in the face for not thinking Lush in the first place! The condition of my skin has improved greatly. I noticed a significant difference after the first day. I am definitely feeling more confident that my skin will return back to normal. 
Full of Grace smells like essential oils (pretty what the store smells like when you walk in), and Celestial smells like vanilla ice cream, if ice cream had a scent. It's a pretty strong vanilla scent, so for those who aren't too keen on strong fragrances, it might bother you. However, the scent has not caused any undesirable reactions to my dry, sensitive skin. This may be my new holy grail moisturizer! I've only used two serums in my life, so I haven't used enough to make it my holy grail serum, but it is #1 for me right now.

How I use it: After I have removed all my makeup and cleanse my face, I rub Full of Grace in between my fingers to warm up and melt the product onto my fingers, then I gently massage it into the face. I let it absorb for a couple minutes, and then I follow with Celestial. 
Please note that I do not follow the instructions provided on the site. It says to apply Full of Grace before the Fresh Face Mask and to apply Celestial to damp skin. I'm sure these methods are just as effective, and I will try their suggestions in the future!

VERDICT: The next time you are looking to buy a new skincare item, definitely put Lush into consideration. I feel many solely focus on the bath products, but fail to notice their skincare line. I would definitely repurchase these items in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment